Sunday, April 28, 2013

WW-Friendly Oats in a Jar

YOU GUYS. I have to tell you about the best thing I made last week. The recipe is mostly borrowed from my BFF (in my mind), Iowa Girl. If you don't read her blog already, you should! She is absolutely adorable, she posts really easy and delicious recipes, and she just became even more adorable now that she is prego with her first baby. Anyway, onto the eats.

Introducing Iowa Girl's Oats in a Jar! It's amazing. Seriously.

All you need is:
  • Nearly empty glass jar of PB (I used Better'n Peanut Butter b/c it's half the points of normal PB)
  • Raw oatmeal
  • Water
  • Banana
  • Vanilla
The recipe is simple: dump 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of water in the jar (my jar had maybe a tablespoon and a half of PB left). Add a tiny splash of vanilla (I use fake vanilla because I'm a cheapo and I can't taste a difference), and nuke that bad boy for 3 minutes. I then sliced/mashed an overripe banana into the jar of cooked oats. You could also add other spices/seasonings to your heart's content: nutmeg, cinnamon, etc.




So. Freakin. Good. Preface: I'm not at all a sweet breakfast person, but this was absolutely phenomenal.

I'm also the type of person who is usually hungry again 27 minutes after eating breakfast, but this kept me completely full until lunchtime. And I wouldn't lie about that type of thing.

I believe my version ended up being 8PP, but I had added honey and vanilla at the same time, and I think one or the other is more than enough to sweeten 'er up (vanilla is less PP). It's a little heftier than my breakfasts usually tend to be (I try to stay around 5PP or so, and I get 32PP a day), but IMHO, it was worth it. Also, you could definitely cut the recipe back to 1/3 oats and 1/3 water for less points, and it'd still be a pretty plentiful portion.

Best part: I didn't even finish it before I got to work, so I just popped the lid back on for my commute and nuked it again (lid-less) at the office. Perfection!


What are your favorite WW-friendly breakfast recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment