Thursday, April 11, 2013

NSV Thursday

It's NSV Thursday with KTJ and Lex

I have to say, I quite enjoy Thursdays A) because that means it's almost Friday and almost the weekend and B) because even if I had a rough weigh-in yesterday, I can still try to find something positive to focus on instead.

button

My NSV is from yesterday. Let me paint you a picture: It's Wednesday afternoon. I already know I'm at my ugliest Wednesday afternoon at 3:30pm because Jezebel says so and therefore it must be true. It had already been a long and stress-filled week with numerous big projects on the horizon and a lot of internal projects also on my plate. The day ended on a very frustrating note, which kept me in the office later than expected for reasons I won't go into. I wanted to go home. I wanted to go home, sit on the couch, order really fattening delicious food off of GrubHub, watch TV, and go to bed.

Instead, as I walked home and it was already dark out, I repeated to myself over and over again: "I won't let a bad day at work keep me from my workout. I won't let a bad day at work keep my from my workout," the whole way home. I wanted to blow off my run. I wanted to lay in my bed and wallow in my frustration and cry.

But I didn't.

I got home, charged my phone, changed, and got outside. And wouldn't you know, I made myself pound out five miles.

Was it easy? NOPE.

Did I want to stop a few times? YES.

But did I feel a million times better when I was done? HELL YES.

And that's enough to keep me going.


What are your NSVs this week?

10 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Great job and great NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Hope you had a better day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cheers to not letting work day annoyances derail healthy journeys :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! I had a few days like that this week! Found your blog from the link up. I have to try to remember how good it feels when I am done on days I don't feel like doing it. I am trying to figure out what exactly motivates me so I can use these things.
    Blogging has helped!
    Good luck and great job!

    www.20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much-- blogging has definitely helped with the accountability (and support system) aspect, and for that I'm very thankful!

      Delete
  4. That is a great NSV for this week! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great one. I have many times when I feel like I don't want to workout. Congrats on your victory this week.

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now I just have to make this attitude a habit-- that's my next step :)

      Delete