Thursday, April 4, 2013

NSV Thursday!

TGIAF. Despite the fact that I was off Monday and half of Tuesday, this week has been a marathon.

I'm joining Lex and KTJ's NSV (Non-Scale Victories) link-up!

button


What's my NSV this week? I know I mention in my "About Me" section that I am was a pro at rationalizing unhealthy food choices pre-WW. I didn't mention that I was also a pro at talking myself out of workouts for the most asinine reasons.

"I'm exhausted, I'm just going to go home after work and veg."

"Well, I did walk a lot yesterday, so it's not like I need to run."

"My ankle was slightly sore during my last workout. I should definitely take a week (or six) off."

So it goes.

But now I'm putting serious focus on trying to make workouts a habit. I want to run, because even though it hurts and it's exhausting and I'm tired after work, I know how good I'll feel afterwards. I want to sign up for some races this summer, because I know I'm too much of a cheapskate to throw away the money by not training beforehand (and also race swag is awesome).

Overall, I want to get healthy and fit.

For good. 

3 comments:

  1. I am the same way! I love love to excuse my behavior. I am signing up for races because I know that if I do I will have to go. Although, I have found myself saying "Well...I *could* walk them instead of running" UH! Not okay! Good job keeping the motivation and good luck with running!!

    Marie @
    http://thebigthirtyproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you WANT to exercise. Such a good switch.

    ReplyDelete