Sunday, April 14, 2013

Frustrations + A Fun Weekend

Do you ever have one of those days where even the tiniest things that would never typically annoy you are irritating to the point of complete mental breakdown? I'm talking insignificant, minor bullshit that normally doesn't even register in my mind prompting cause for complete and utter annoyance.

As in, to the point where I walk around feeling like an ugly mean black cloud, and I feel sorry for anyone forced to interact with me.

Seriously, sorry.

I had one of those weeks.

There are a lot of issues I won't get into because I'm not yet completely comfortable in my own little corner of blog-landia quite yet, but that's the gist of why I've been distant all week. In real life, and in online life.

Here's hoping that my (actually) pretty great weekend can carry over into the coming week, because I've got a lot on my plate coming up, so I'm going to need the energy (and enthusiasm) to deal. I spent the weekend in Madison, WI, to celebrate my friend's 5th annual Madison bar crawl. Because I'm almost 24 years old and -- until now -- a bar crawl virgin, I figured this was a good a time as any to experience one!

The bar crawl was themed "The Thirsty Games," complete with districts competing against each other in fun challenges throughout the day, tributes from each district, over 60 participants, and many different arenas (aka bars in Madison... which, by the way, it an absolutely ADORABLE little college town and a ton of fun). I really had an awesome time getting out of Chicago for the weekend to hang out with old and new friends.

May the odds be ever in your favor!


How was your weekend? Any tips for busting a bad mood?

No comments:

Post a Comment