Sunday, March 31, 2013

Home Again, Home Again

Thus concludes my 4-day mini-vacation at home with my family in Charlotte. I gotta be honest, as much as I loved getting to spend some time with the family, I don't need the constant temptation found in my parents' pantry, which is roughly the size of my entire kitchen in Chicago. With two brothers and a house full of guests, there was no shortage of Utz chips (yum), cheddar cheese (double yum), and Nutella (I can't even...).

Nevertheless, it was a great getaway! My parents didn't know I was coming to town for Easter (my aunt and I conspired so I hitched a megabus from Chicago - Cleveland and then drove down to Charlotte with them). The price on her face when I showed up out of the blue was priceless :)

Here are the highlights:

  • Having a girls' day and getting mani/pedis with my mom, aunt, and younger cousin (if I had more disposable income, it would absolutely go to getting my nails done more frequently)
  • Climbing Crowder's Mountain with the family. Last time we climbed it was right after I graduated from college. While I was close in weight to where I am now, it was definitely easier this time around (NSV!). Don't get me wrong, I wheezed like an 86-year-old smoker climbing the final 333 (yes, 333) stairs to the top of the mountain, but damnit, I got there and wasn't even as tomato-faced as I usually am. Also, the hike was 6 miles, meaning I earned some solid activity points.
  • Went shopping with the girls. While I've noticed a significant difference in my size thus far (when I started I was squeezing into a 16/XL and I'm now comfortably at a 12/14 and L). HOWEVER, riddle me this: I literally have not lost a single millimeter in the bust region. Nada. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. 31 lbs and the girls are as voluptuous as ever... which means even a size Large dress that perfectly fits everywhere else is still pulling in the buttons across my chest. LE SIGH.
  • Today I ate my weight in honeybaked ham. I know, I know. Since started WW in November, I can honestly say this is in my top 2 biggest meals in 4+ months, which I think shows some sort of progress. Despite the ham and hashbrown casserole binge, I was honest in my tracking, and still have a few weekly points leftover until my next weigh in (Wednesday). 
  • Despite how much I didn't want to, I made this happen today (pre-fatty fest): 

  • Running on hills is HARD. I forgot what hills are like because my standard running route in Chicago is flat. As in, the only inclines are where the sidewalk meets the road. Not to mention it was 70 here today, and I'm used to running in the low 40s. Regardless, here's hoping that kicking my a** on semi-hilly Charlotte run will make my next run at home a little easier. A girl can dream, right?
Last, but not least, I was digging through my phone for something and I stumbled upon some pre-weight loss pictures. For the record, I was under the delusion that I "carried it well"... until I saw this picture from The Color Run, my first ever 5K last October. This is AFTER doing many weeks of C25K, but before I finally gave in to my need to hop on the Weight Watchers train:

Left: 228 lbs (Oct 2012). Right: 197 lbs (March 2013)


If that's not motivation to keep going, I don't know what is.


No comments:

Post a Comment